This notice applies to all information collected by the Organizer or submitted to the Organizer. This notice reflects GDPR compliance standards.
1. The Organizer of Architecture of Migration Forum (hereinafter referred to as Event) is a controller of data processing and it is “Latvijas Arhitektu Savienība”, Registration No. 40008005792, Registered/office address: Torna iela 11, Riga, LV-1050, Latvia, contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org, (hereinafter referred to as “the Organizer”).
2. Personal data processed and sources of data
The personal data of Attendees collected and processed by us in connection with the provision of the services can be divided into two general data categories: User Data and Technical Data.
User Data is personal data collected directly from you or from our customer organization which you represent and on behalf of which you are registering for the Event. We may collect User
Data from our Attendees in a variety of ways, including when Attendees register to the Event or subscribe to a newsletter. Further, please note that we also collect details of any transactions and payments you carry out through the third-party payment services.
The following User Data received from the Attendees in connection with the registration to the Event is necessary in order to successfully complete registration:
● First name
● Last name
● Information relating to transactions and payments carried out through the third-party services
● Type of Event ticket purchased on the website
Although we do not normally use Technical Data to identify you as an individual, you can sometimes be recognized from it, either alone or when combined or linked with User Data. In such situations, Technical Data can also be considered personal data under applicable laws and we will treat such data as personal data.
We and/or our authorized third party service providers, may automatically collect the following Technical Data when you visit or interact with the Event webpage:
● Browser type and version
● Device and device identification number
● Time spent at the Event webpage
● Interaction with the Event webpage
● URL of the website you visited before and after visiting the Event webpage
● The time and date of your visits to the Event webpage
● IP address
We may use various technologies to collect and store Technical Data and other information when you visit the Event webpage, including cookies.
Web analytics services
The Event webpage may use Google Analytics and other web analytics services to compile Technical Data and reports on visitor usage and to help us improve the Event webpage and services. For an overview of Google Analytics, please visit Google Analytics. It is possible to opt-out of Google Analytics with the following browser add-on tool: Google Analytics opt-out add-on.
3. The Organizer uses the personal data you provide when registering and/or using Events Services for the purpose of administering your participation in the Event or to make recommendations based on the interest you have expressed. The detailed purposes of personal data processing are:
– To ensure the identification of participants in the Event, including by using registration and payment information to provide access to the Event, the legal basis is the fulfillment of the actual obligation of the contract between the visitor and the organizer of the event;
– To comply with statutory obligations to process personal data for official records, including for accounting purposes;
– To provide answers to questions, and also in an emergency contact with you - the legitimate interest of the organizer to provide the maximum user-friendly service;
Other legitimate interests of the Organizer:
– To provide documentation of the Event and to promote and ensure the visibility of the Organizer and the Event, including placement of information in mass media, the Organizer's and sponsor's online websites, etc., which includes textual information such as, but not limited to, information about the event's lecturers, as well as visual presentation of the video and photo of the Event (which can mean the handling of individual visitors, group of visitors, particular time, or general view photo or video information);
– To provide the organizer with legal rights in various disputes, for example, but not limited to, litigation or extrajudicial proceedings, various financial audits, and other situations;
– To analyze profile or behavioral data to help the Organizer to improve the products and services;
– To inform about the event-related news, and similar forthcoming events, according to the regulation of information society services.
4. The Organizer processes the data until the purpose of the data processing is reached, which, depending on the purpose, may take a different time period. For example, photo and video data published on the Organizer's website can be processed for a very long time-period because the public has significant know-how in technology development and professional activities, while the data needed to control the participants and allow registered entries to the event participants are required on the event date only, however, further processing thereof may be necessitated for the performance of statutory duties, including accounting and auditing. If you have questions about the processing time for specific data processing purposes, please send your inquiry to the above contacts.
5. Categories of recipients of personal data are: - Organizers staff; - Data processors; - For the information on the photo and video, as well as the online resource of the organizer and mass media publications - anyone interested in accessing the relevant resource; - Sponsors of the event - only general, statistical information; - Official state institutions – any information in cases specified by law.
6. As a data subject, you are entitled to request detailed information about data processing, including data processed for you, data processing purposes and legal justification, data recipients, duration and other aspects of your data processing. You are also entitled to request data correction as well as data deletion. However, due to the specifics of the processing of information, not all the data may be corrected or deleted.
7. In any case, if you suspect that your data processing was unlawful, you are entitled to file a complaint with the data protection authority, acting in accordance with the complaint procedure specified by the data protection authority. In Latvia, data protection supervision is ensured by the Data State Inspectorate (www.dvi.gov.lv).
8. We do not automate personal data profiling or transfer data outside the European Union.
9. Other information about data processing:
– The Organizer may use personal and usage data collected directly from you and from scanning your badge to facilitate and improve your experience at the Event. For more protection of your personal data the Organizer uses Bar Code on your badge, which is pseudonymization of your data, because Bar Code does not carry any personal information, however, contains a unique ID code that is correlated with your personal information, including but not limited to your name, company, phone number, mailing address, and email address. The Organizer does not share scanned information with any third parties for commercial purposes.
– The Organizer uses the personal data you provide in this registration for the purpose of administering your participation in this Event. The Organizer may disclose your personal data to other Event Attendees but will do so solely in connection with the Event Attendee List. The Organizer will not disclose your personal data to any other third party without your consent except where required to do so by law. Some information may be shared with third parties who help us run our website and email programs. They will use this information to serve our needs only and are prohibited from using it in any other instance.
Last updated June 4, 2019